When I launched MLM in July 2019 I wanted to design stylish, functional and comfortable breastfeeding dresses using high quality fabrics and made in the US. My goal was to also work with female-owned businesses and give back a portion of sales to charities that impact lives of women.
While these goals are still very much at the forefront of the brand's mission, I now have real time sales data to look at and learn from. With that in mind, I've decided to implement the following changes in our e-comm, effective on January 1, 2021:
- The price of our best-selling LBD will be lowered to $55. How's that possible, you may ask. Well, based on the increased demand for this versatile dress, we will be ordering more units in our next production run. This in turn will allow us to offer a more attractive price point.
- Our shipping policy will change slightly in response to the worldwide shipping carrier rate changes in 2021. Online shopping has become and will continue to be the number one preferred method of shopping and we want to be ready for that budget-wise. We will offer FREE shipping on all orders of $100 or more. Any other order will be eligible for a $5 flat rate shipping. We will continue to offer FREE returns with a $5 restocking fee.
- We will be introducing two new dress styles — the Everyday Breastfeeding Dress at $69 and the Tiered Breastfeeding Dress at $85. I can not wait!
And I also have a few other exciting announcements to make:
- Suzie Pretekin has joined our team as a partner. You will see a lot more of her in 2021! MLM has grown in a way I could have never imagined and I'm thrilled to have Suzie by my side.
- I look forward to connecting with YOU more and building a community of incredible moms. We have an amazing group of women lined up as part of the #MamaNextDoor series. We will also be adding a bimonthly IG stories Takeovers by moms from our community as a way to provide YOU with diverse content (breastfeeding and pumping advice, styling tips, creative ideas for spending time with kids, health, fitness, interior design, and a lot more!)
- MLM Ambassador Program will be launching later this month. Details coming soon!
2020 has been our first full year in business. When the world shut down in March of 2020 I worried whether this early stage bootstrapped start-up of mine would survive the pandemic. People were staying home wearing lounge wear, not dresses! Nine months later and I'm so proud of the growth we experienced! Our black LBD is sold out at the moment in most sizes and I get messages about the next restock daily! While 2020 is a strange benchmark to use (that's all the data we have at the moment!), my goal is to exceed this year's accomplishments in 2021!
As we wind down what has been a tough year to say the least and begin a new year with hope, I want to take a moment to send you my deepest thanks for making our LBD a part of your breastfeeding (and pumping) journey.
I hope that you can find some time to recharge and reset before the holiday break is over. Now more than ever, it's so important to take extra care of ourselves - both inside and out.
While things may look different still, our (growing) MLM team hopes 2021 is nevertheless happy, healthy and filled with good cheer.
Magda & Suzie